Job PositionOutreach Worker
Job ID: #482
Program: Project SOAR
Location: New Bedford, MA
The Outreach Worker works as an integral part of the program team. The Outreach Worker will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: develop and manage comprehensive street outreach and engagement, data collection, wellness checks, administration of program record-keeping, and advocacy. When necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change your shifts based on the needs of the organization.
The Outreach Worker must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years related work experience working with persons with opioid use disorders or co-occurring disorders.
- Education or experience in cultural competency; bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Requires Narcan certification annually and CPR certification preferred every two years.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel at least 60 to 80% of the time.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.