Job PositionPeer Recovery Specialist Coordinator
Peer Recovery Specialist Coordinator
Job ID: #485
Program: Peer 2 Peer Recovery Project
Location: Fall River, MA
The Peer Recovery Specialist Coordinator works as an integral part of the program team. The Peer Recovery Specialist Coordinator will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: assisting Project Director with administrative tasks, administration of program record-keeping, assist with billing, conducting interviews, enrollments, developing, implementing and monitoring individualized wellness/recovery plans, case reviews, and advocacy. This position requires community outreach and assisting in administrative tasks. When necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change your shifts based on the needs of the organization.
The Peer Recovery Specialist Coordinator must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Two years of related work experience providing services to individuals affected by substance use disorder and/or mental illness.
- Certification as a Recovery Coach, or upon Project Director approval, waived for six months while completing certification.
- A minimum of one year of experience in insurance billing, clerical, bookkeeping, and other office related duties.
- Requires two years of consistent recovery from substance use or two years of “lived” experience.
- Requires Narcan certification annually and CPR certification preferred every two years.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.