Job PositionResidential Counselor
Job ID: #492B
Program: New Bedford Women’s Program
Location: New Bedford, MA
Schedule: Monday thru Friday varied shifts and one Saturday per month
The Counselor works as an integral part of the treatment team. The Counselor will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: program record-keeping, conducting interviews, intakes, one-on-one and group counseling, execution of treatment and aftercare plans and the observation of medications and drug screening. This position will provide oversight of a structured setting where the consumers are kept safe and secure in a trauma-free environment; when necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts which will include some Saturdays and holidays. The Agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
Counselor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university preferred or is a licensed alcohol and drug counselor (LADC) or a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADAC) or is the process of obtaining licensure.
- Or two years of work experience providing services to those affected by substance use disorders.
- Requires CPR certification every two years and Narcan training annually.
- Business-related travel may be required.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.