Job PositionPeer Recovery Specialist
Peer Recovery Specialist
Job ID: #508
Program: Peer2Peer Recovery Project
Location: Fall River, MA
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours weekly
The Peer Recovery Specialist works as an integral part of the program team. The Peer Recovery Specialist will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: administration of program record-keeping, conducting interviews, intakes, developing, implementing and monitoring individualized wellness/recovery plans, case reviews, and advocacy. This position requires home visits and community outreach. When necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change your shifts based on the needs of the organization.
The Peer Recovery Specialist must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Two years of related work experience providing services to individuals affected by substance use disorder and/or mental illness.
- Requires two years of consistent recovery from substance use or two years of “lived” experience.
- Requires Narcan certification annually and CPR certification preferred every two years.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.