Job PositionAssistant Maintenance Supervisor
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Job ID: #511
Program: Maintenance Department
Location: Fall River, MA
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform a variety of duties involving carrying out the overall general maintenance of the agency buildings and grounds.
- Provide supervision to maintenance staff in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, including managing daily work schedules, fulfilling maintenance requests and interacting with all program staff as needed.
- Order and distribute supplies in the absence of the maintenance supervisor.
- Review and approve payroll when needed.
- Provide on-call services for emergencies when schedules by the Maintenance supervisor.
- Meet with vendors and city departments when scheduled by the maintenance supervisor.
- Obtain bids and check references from outside contractors as assigned.
- Install equipment and perform preventative maintenance for buildings, building utilities and equipment using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Evaluate malfunctioning equipment using diagrams, operations manuals, other written instructions and/or own judgement in obtaining the required results.
- Insures buildings are maintained according to Federal, State and City codes and are in compliance to pass building inspections, fire inspections, etc. and that we are in compliance with federal regulations such as OSHA and the ADA. Insures hazardous material handling and storage is in compliance with safety regulations.
- Perform carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair work.
- Provide assistance in lifting and moving materials and equipment and perform other routine general maintenance duties and responsibilities as part of daily activities.
- Perform all preventative maintenance work related to own jobs or projects as instructed.
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Equal to completion of four years of Vocational High School.
- Minimum of three years related work experience in a similar or related position required.
- Knowledge of repairs of appliances and equipment, carpentry skills, knowledge of plumbing and electrical repair work desirable.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- Requires valid driver’s license due to some business-related travel