Job PositionResidential Clinical Supervisor
Residential Clinical Supervisor
Job ID: #515
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Residential Clinical Director, is responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the assigned residential program.
- Provide clinical supervision for all direct care and specialty service staff.
- Maintain and periodically monitor all program records including client case data, program financial records and personal data.
- Facilitates care coordination team meetings and consensus decision making among staff.
- Direct skills-development seminars and create individual training plan for each staff member.
- Provides staff with opportunities to develop a staff support group and to participate in outside trainings and skill building seminars.
- Establishes a protocol for all contractual agreements.
- Works with Human Resources Manager in recruiting and evaluating staff.
- In consultation with the Residential Clinical Director, select, train, supervise, and when appropriate, initiate disciplinary action of clinical staff, up to and including termination, to assure comprehensive staff schedule.
- Mediate the grievance process between supervisor and staff member as needed.
- Prepare monthly quarterly reports on delivery of services and expenditures.
- Knowledge of all funding sources and related scope of services and requirements including performance measure targets. Monitor performance measure achievements monthly and report bi-monthly at Management meetings.
- Develop improvement plans for performance measures that are not achieved.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings with assigned personnel.
- Attends relevant professional development conferences and make presentations to staff at regularly schedules intervals.
- Conduct new employee orientation and provide in-service training for assigned personnel.
- Provide ongoing unscheduled consultations to all staff members and crisis intervention to clients.
- Constructively utilize formal and informal customer comments to evaluate and improve effectiveness in providing services to clients.
- Provide leadership in ensuring that all individuals are treated respectfully and that diversity in backgrounds and life experience is supported and valued throughout the program.
- Ensures standards of confidentiality in handling records, collaboration with other providers, and internal communication.
- Be involved with community committees and boards concerned with social problems and interpret the agency’s mission and services through that involvement.
- Participate in various outside meetings to coordinate and benefit program services.
- Position has overall responsibility for Quality Assurance of various program records.
- Duties require the ability to make decisions with high levels of concentration. Overall communication and interpersonal skills are required. Appropriate control of emotions and feelings is required. Responsibilities require a rational and appropriate response to a wide variety of client concerns, issues, etc.
- Requires the ability to handle various prescription drugs and give these drugs to applicable clients who medicate themselves.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
The Residential Clinical Supervisor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree in Psychology/Counseling or other related field.
- Licensed LMHC/LICSW/LMFT LADC 1 preferred
- Five to seven years of professional experience in mental health services delivery along with working with substance abuse, disabled or homeless populations.
- Two to five years of supervisory experience required.
- Requires Narcan certification annually and CPR certification every two years.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.
- Good working knowledge of computers.