Job PositionProgram Supervisor
Job ID: #516
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: The Program Supervisor works as an integral part of the program team. The Program Supervisor will perform, but is not limited to the following duties: management of program operations according to established budgetary guidelines, direct and supervise program staff, coordinate program services, and operate within established Federal, State and local laws. This position will provide oversight of a structured setting where the consumers are kept safe and secure in a trauma-free environment; when necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st, and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Assume overall responsibility for the substance abuse counseling program including individual, group and family counseling.
- Direct and supervise assigned personnel. Prepare assigned employee performance evaluations. Make recommendations on assigned employee hiring and merit increases. Resolve routine employee grievances and disciplinary problems within limits of own position responsibilities.
- Maintain program budget.
- Supervise weekly program staff on case consultations of clients.
- Schedule and perform pre-interviews for incoming clients to the program.
- Develop and monitor program staff scheduling including the development of facility coverage plan and treatment schedule.
- Assume overall responsibility for Quality Assurance of various program records.
- Prepare various reports as assigned by the assigned director, as required by various local, state, and federal authorities.
- Participate in various outside meetings to coordinate and benefit program services.
- Duties require the ability to make decisions with high levels of concentration. Overall excellent communication and inter-personal skills are required. Appropriate control of emotions and feelings is required in carrying out position responsibilities. Duties require a rational and appropriate response to a wide variety of client concerns, issues, etc.
- Provide in-service training for assigned personnel.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings with assigned personnel.
- Requires the ability to handle various prescription drugs and give these drugs to applicable clients who medicate themselves.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
The Program Supervisor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university preferred
- Three years of related work experience providing services to those affected by substance use and mental health disorders and homelessness.
- Three years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Requires CPR certification every two years and Narcan training annually.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.
- Business-related travel may be required.