Job PositionProgram Assistant Supervisor
Program Assistant Supervisor
Job ID: #517
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, perform diversified duties in providing assistance in carrying out the operations of various assigned programs.
- Hold assessment interviews (diagnostic, historic, problem recognition)with addicted people.
- Serve as a focal counselor in conducting one-to-one counseling sessions with full range of addicted people.
- In the role of focal counselor, present and participate in various interdisciplinary treatment planning sessions and following those meetings write a narrative summary of the plan. Revise the treatment plan in accordance with further understanding of the patient that is developed during the course of treatment.
- Show self-reliance in clarifying and carrying out the treatment plan including selection for reading, writing, group assignments and the use of various individualized treatment strategies.
- Lead and co-lead various group therapy sessions utilizing a variety of counseling techniques.
- Utilize consultations with psychiatrists, psychologist, and any other additional social service providers to enrich carrying out of individual treatment plan.
- Provide crisis counseling as needed for any client.
- Provide all after counseling activities including after care planning, maintaining contracts with outside agencies, referral resources, and various aftercare assessment activities.
- Provide progress notes, staffing summaries, and discharge summaries in a timely fashion and be able to understand and carry out all applicable charting requirements.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to the entire client population as assigned.
- Duties require the ability to make decisions with high level of concentration. Overall excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Appropriate control of emotions and feelings is required in carrying out position responsibilities. Duties require a rational and appropriate response to a wide variety of client concerns, issues, etc.
- Collaborate with other staff as appropriate in family and employer referrals source conferences and in aftercare planning.
- Requires the ability to handle various prescription drugs and give these drugs to applicable clients who medicate themselves.
- Participate and utilize supervision and other staff development opportunities.
- CPR certification is required and must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Assist in weekly staff and case consultation of clients.
- Assist in the development of the facility coverage plan and treatment scheduling.
- Schedule and perform pre-interviews for incoming clients to the program.
- Assist in the responsibility for Quality Assurance of various program records.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
The Assistant Supervisor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- A minimum of three years work in the field of drug rehabilitation with some supervision skills.
- Specific counselor training from a recognized program or course of instruction is required.
- Requires Narcan certification annually and CPR certification every two years.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.