Job PositionFee-for-Service/Intake Clinician
Job ID: #530
Location: New Bedford, MA
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the director of outpatient services, mental health clinicians are responsible for the direct delivery of clinical services to outpatient clinic participants. Full-time and Fee for Service positions provide mental health services to the adult population with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Conducts intakes and assessment of patients.
- Develops treatment plans for each individual.
- Creates discharge plans.
- Provides individual and group counseling sessions.
- Conducts charting and progress notes.
- Coordinates referrals to ancillary services.
- Attends weekly clinical supervision.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and developments.
- Attends weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings and status conference meetings as needed.
- Work collaboratively with staff and outside agencies.
- Participate in community outreach and special projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The Mental Health Clinician must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree in behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university preferred, LMHC, LCSW, LICSW required.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience in psychiatric in-patient or outpatient environment.
- Two years of experience working with co-occurring disorder clients.
- Minimum of one year conducting assessments, groups, and individual counseling with individuals affected by substance abuse problems
- Requires CPR certification every two years and Narcan training annually.
- Good working knowledge of computers and data collection.
- Business-related travel may be required.