Job ID: #534
Location: New Bedford, MA
SUMMARY: The cook works as an integral part of the kitchen staff. The cook performs, but is not limited to, preparing daily meals, checking order deliveries and maintaining a safe and clean kitchen. This position will provide oversight of a structured setting where the consumers are kept safe and secure in a trauma-free environment; when necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts which may include weekends and holidays. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily breakfast as well as making lunches for various working residents.
- Prepare the evening meal per various menu requisitions including serving the meal with help from various residents.
- Supervise the kitchen crew assigned to clean up after each meal assuring they follow various sanitary codes.
- Check all orders delivered on shift and rotate stock as new stock arrives.
- Maintain store room in a neat, orderly and safe condition including keeping the area free of empty boxes and any other obstacles.
- Duties require knowledge for Heimlich maneuver. CPR certification is preferred. Position responsibilities require ensuring smooth operation of the kitchen without supervision of the Head Chef. Requires a basic knowledge of sanitary codes per order if the Board of Health. Must have a current Food Handler’s card and Mantoux test results card.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for the operating budget for the kitchen.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required and directed.
Cook staff must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Equivalent to completion of four years of high school preferred.
- Over one year of cooking experience.
- Serve Safe Certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license.