Job PositionMaintenance worker
Job ID: #537
Location: Fall River, MA
- Install equipment and perform preventive maintenance for buildings, building utilities and equipment using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Evaluate malfunctioning equipment using diagrams, operations manuals, other written instructions and/or own judgement in obtaining the required results.
- Perform minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair work.
- Provide assistance in lifting and moving materials and equipment and perform other routine general maintenance duties and responsibilities as part of daily activity.
- Perform all preventative maintenance work related to assigned jobs and projects.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing all debris, tools, etc., from assigned work area on a daily basis and upon completion of assigned projects.
- Maintain assigned work areas, tools, and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct activities in manner that minimizes damage to furniture, equipment, rugs, etc., within all assigned work areas.
- Perform snow removal and related activities as required or needed.
- Assist in fire, storm, or disaster as required or directed.
- Provide assistance to assigned plumbers, electricians and carpenters as needed.
- Responsible for inventory of all tools and equipment issued. Assume responsibility for and control all parts of inventory pertaining to maintenance mechanic and other related areas.
- Perform landscaping and routine yard maintenance.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Perform other similar jobs as directed.
The Maintenance Worker must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Equal to completion of four years of High School.
- Minimum of three years related work experience in a similar or related position required.
- Knowledge of repairs of appliances and equipment, carpentry skills, knowledge of plumbing and electrical repair work desirable.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- Requires valid driver’s license due to some business-related travel