Job ID: #547
Location: New Bedford, MA
Summary: The Cook works as an integral part of the Food Service Department. The Cook performs, but is not limited to the following duties: preparing daily meals, checking order deliveries and maintaining a safe and clean kitchen. When necessary perform CPR including Heimlich maneuver. This position requires a flexible schedule including 1stand 2nd shifts which will include weekends and holidays. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations.
- Preparation of ingredients for meals, washing of vegetables, chopping, and seasoning.
- Responsible for the cooking and serving the daily breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
- Responsible for checking all orders delivered.
- Handles, stores, and rotates products properly.
- Maintain walk-in cooler and freezer in accordance with Board of Health regulations.
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other food service team members when needed.
- Responsible for picking up supply orders at the Food Bank.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical etc.
The Cook staff must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- High School or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred.
- Minimum of one year of cooking experience.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Required a valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.