Job ID: #557
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: The Clinician works as an integral part of the Clinical Team. The Clinician will perform, but is not limited to the following duties: delivery of comprehensive services to support the program consumers. This position will provide oversight of a structured setting where the consumers are kept safe and secure in a trauma-free environment; when necessary perform CPR. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts and Saturdays. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Conduct screening and intake interviews to determine consumer eligibility for services.
- Perform consumer orientation on program services and requirements.
- Conduct confidential, quality assessments that are gender and culturally responsive and trauma informed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor an individualized treatment/service plan with each assigned consumer using collaborative information from all sources to develop short and long term goals.
- Possess knowledge of effective treatment practices such as cognitive therapy, motivational interviewing and trauma-informed techniques and Integrated Treatment in individual, group and family sessions.
- Meet, collaborate and coordinate services with probation/parole, employment and educational agencies, Department of Children and Families (DCF), human services providers, medical and primary care, clinical mental/behavioral health, and family/social support.
- Link consumers to services provided by community-based organizations such as peer support groups, legal services, nutritional counseling, HIV rapid-retesting and Hepatitis B and C testing and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Assist consumers with enrolling in health insurance, Medicaid and other benefits such as SNAP, SSI/SSDI and TANF.
- Provide consumer education in finances, housing stability, behavioral and primary health, life skills and all aspects of addiction and related life domains.
- Provide crisis intervention by assessing severity of the episode, de-escalating the consumer, referring to emergency response team as needed, and developing a safety plan to assist in resolving the crisis.
- Develop and coordinate discharge planning with consumer, family, housing, and other community providers.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of consumer’s mental status, adding additional services to maintain a therapeutic level of care as needs change.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical, etc.
The Clinician must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree social work, mental health, counseling or other related field preferred.
- Licensed LMHC/LICSW/CADAC/LADC.
- Minimum of three years counseling in the field of drug or alcohol abuse rehabilitation, mental health or other related field.
- Requires CPR certification every two years.
- Good working knowledge of computers and electronic health records.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.