Job PositionProgram Supervisor
Job ID: #564
Program: Program Supervisor
Location: New Bedford, MA
SUMMARY: The Program Supervisor works as an integral part of the Program Team. The Program Supervisor will perform, but is not limited to the following duties: management of program operations, direct and supervise program staff, coordinate program services, and operate within established Federal, State and local laws; when necessary perform CPR and administer Narcan. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st, and 2nd shifts which will include some Saturdays and holidays. The Agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Assume overall responsibility for the program operations including the supervision of assigned personnel.
- Develop and monitor program staff scheduling including the development of facility coverage plan.
- Supervise weekly program staff on case consultations of consumers.
- Responsible for the fiscal budget, invoicing services, and electronic health record data oversight
- Assume overall responsibility for Quality Assurance of various program records.
- Provide consumer orientation on program services and requirements.
- Conduct confidential, quality assessments that are gender and culturally responsive and trauma informed.
- Responsible for ongoing program evaluation and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and monitor an individualized treatment/service plan with each assigned consumer.
- Possess knowledge effective treatment modalities such as cognitive therapy, motivational interviewing and trauma informed techniques and Integrated Treatment in individual, group and family sessions.
- Meet, collaborate and coordinate services with probation/parole, employment and educational agencies, Department of Children and Families (DCF), human services providers, medical and primary care, clinical mental/behavioral health, and family/social support.
- Link consumers to services provided by community-based organizations such as peer support groups, legal services, nutritional counseling, and HIV rapid retesting and Hepatitis B and C testing and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Assist consumers with enrollment to obtain health insurance, Medicaid, and other benefits.
- Provide consumer education in finances, housing stability, behavioral and primary health, life skills and all aspects of addiction and related life domains.
- Provide crisis intervention by assessing severity of the episode, de-escalating the consumer, referring to emergency response team as needed, and developing a safety plan to assist in resolving the crisis.
- Assist with resume writing, interview skills, employment search and enrollment into employment/educational programs.
- Develop and coordinate discharge planning with consumer, family, housing, and other community providers.
- Prepare various reports as assigned by the assigned director, as required by various local, state, and federal authorities.
- Collect, prepare and supervise drug screenings as well as administer breathalyzer as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and licensing standards.
- Ability to count, document and observe consumers taking various prescription drugs.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to conduct rounds on an hourly basis and deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical, etc.
The Program Supervisor must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university preferred or is a licensed (LADC)/certified (CADAC) drug counselor or is the process of obtaining licensure.
- Three years of related work experience providing services to those affected by substance use and mental health disorders and homelessness.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in leadership and management.
- Requires CPR certification every two years.
- Good working knowledge of computers, electronic health records and data collection.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel may be required.