Job PositionMaintenance Worker
Job ID: #565
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Worker works as an integral part of the Maintenance Team. The Maintenance Worker will perform, but is not limited to the following duties: install equipment and perform preventive maintenance, minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair work, snow removal and routine yard maintenance. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Install equipment and perform preventive maintenance for buildings, building utilities and equipment using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Evaluate malfunctioning equipment using diagrams, operations manuals, other written instructions and/or own judgement in obtaining the required results.
- Perform minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair work.
- Provide assistance in lifting and moving materials and equipment and perform other routine general maintenance duties and responsibilities as part of daily activity.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing all debris, tools, etc., from assigned work area on a daily basis and upon completion of assigned projects.
- Maintain assigned work areas, tools, and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct activities in manner that minimizes damage to furniture, equipment, rugs, etc., within all assigned work areas.
- Assist in fire, storm, or disaster as required or directed.
- Provide assistance to assigned plumbers, electricians and carpenters as needed.
- Perform snow removal and related activities as required or needed.
- Perform landscaping and routine yard maintenance.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergencies by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical etc.
The Maintenance Worker must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Completion of four years of vocational high school preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in all phases of building maintenance.
- Knowledge of repairs of appliances and equipment, carpentry skills, plumbing and electrical repair work.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel