Job PositionOffice Administrator
Job ID: #570
Program: Office Administrator
Location: New Bedford, MA
SUMMARY: The Office Administrator works as an integral part of the Program Team. The Office Administrator will perform, but is not limited to, the following office related duties including administration of program record keeping, consumer documentation, data base collection, various monthly billings and handling office money. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Conduct screening to determine consumer eligibility for services.
- Prepare all paperwork associated with the intake and admission process.
- Provide scheduling support by booking appointments.
- Perform consumer orientation on program services and requirements.
- Responsible in the area of program billing, report preparation, purchasing, spreadsheets etc.
- Make referrals associated with supportive services for consumers.
- Collect fees associated with consumer treatment.
- Tabulate consumer fee cards and submit a fee report.
- Assist the agency’s Finance Department by performing accounting and related functions including but not limited to: Accounts Receivable and Payable, 3rd party billing and tabulation, bank deposits, reconciliations, etc.
- Maintain all assigned office equipment in a clean and workable condition.
- Ensure all assigned files, records, and databases are maintained in a neat, orderly, and efficient manner.
- Answer and resolve a variety of questions, problems, informational requests, discrepancies, etc. within scope of position
- Observe and identify consumer concerns and communicate with the clinical team.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical etc.
The Office Administrator must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Associate degree in business management preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience with office management in billing Managed Care Organizations/third party billing required.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, analytical skills, computer skills and multi-tasking skills
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers, electronic health records and data collection.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.