Job PositionCase Manager
Job ID: #579
Program: Case Manager
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: The Case Manager works as an integral part of the Program Team. The Case Manager will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: administration of program record-keeping, conducting interviews, intakes, developing, implementing and monitoring individualized service plans, case reviews, and advocacy. This position requires home visits. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Conduct screening and intake interviews to determine consumer eligibility for services.
- Provide consumer program orientation services and requirements.
- Conduct confidential, quality assessments that are gender and culturally responsive and trauma informed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor an individualized treatment/service plan with each assigned consumer using collaborative information from all sources to develop short and long term goals.
- Possess knowledge of treatment modalities such as cognitive therapy, motivational interviewing and trauma informed techniques and Integrated Treatment in individual, group and family sessions.
- Meet, collaborate, coordinate services and attend appointments with consumers for probation/parole, employment and educational agencies, Department of Children and Families (DCF), human services providers, medical and primary care, clinical mental/behavioral health, family support.
- Link consumers to services provided by community-based organizations such as peer support groups, legal services, nutritional counseling, and HIV rapid retesting and Hepatitis B and C testing and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Assist consumers with enrollment to obtain health insurance, Medicaid, and other benefits such as SNAP, SSI/SSDI and TANF.
- Provide consumer education in finances, housing stability, behavioral and primary health, life skills and all aspects of addiction and related life domains.
- Provide crisis intervention by assessing severity of the episode, de-escalating the consumer, referring to emergency response team as needed, and developing a safety plan to assist in resolving the crisis.
- Assist with resume writing, interview skills, employment search and enrollment into employment/educational programs.
- Develop and coordinate discharge planning with consumer, family, housing, and other community providers.
- Assist consumers with locating, obtaining, and maintaining housing while advocating and mediating with landlords.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of consumer’s physical and emotional wellness and medication regimens through office or home visits.
- Ability to climb at least three flights of stairs to visit consumers in their homes.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical, etc.
The Case Manager must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences from an accredited college or minimum of two years of related work experience providing services to homeless individuals and families affected by mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Good working knowledge of computers, electronic health records and data collection.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel at least 50% of the time.