Chronically Homeless Services
About Chronically Homeless Services
Providing services to obtain housing and continued support.
• Advocating on behalf of clients to landlords, healthcare providers, family members, and others to help ensure stability in housing.
• Providing tenancy support by negotiating with landlords for repairs and maintenance.
• Assisting clients with maintaining clean and sanitary living conditions as well as negotiating financial arrangements (security deposits, maintaining checking accounts, monthly budgets).
• Teaching and assisting clients home, community, and daily living skills and responsibilities such as budgeting, cleaning, cooking, social interactions etc.
• Assisting clients with coordinating and setting up appointments with doctors, employers, etc. and assist with/provide for their transportation as needed.
• Accompanying clients, when appropriate, through these environments, services, and systems, such as medical and dental appointments.
• Assisting client with and monitor medication regimen.
• Linking clients to needed services, assisting them in navigating systems and addressing any barriers or threats housing stability.
• Developing, monitoring, and implementing service plans in cooperation with the client and service team.
• Other assistance as needed to ensure housing stability.
134 Durfee Street
Fall River, MA 02720
•18 years of age or older
• Individuals and families who are chronically homeless
• Veterans who are homeless or chronically homeless
• A substance abuse disorder or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
STEPPINGSTONE IS A UNITED WAY AGENCY