Steppingstone Inc. Services
Community Support Program for People Experiencing Chronic Homelessness
CSPECH, Community Support Program for People Experiencing Chronic Homelessness, began in 2017 and continues to meet the needs of the chronic homeless in Fall River and New Bedford, Massachusetts.
Using Critical Time Intervention, an evidence based model that mobilizes support for vulnerable individuals during critical periods of transition, CSPECH’s primary goal is to transition from homelessness to housing and to assist with maintaining housing.
Steppingstone Inc. of Fall River, MA is dedicated to providing a range of services to help those who are chronically homeless to obtain housing and continued support. The organization recognizes that homelessness is often a complex issue that requires a multifaceted approach, and they are committed to providing personalized support to each client to help them achieve stability in housing.
One of the key services provided by Steppingstone Inc. is advocacy on behalf of clients. This may involve advocating to landlords, healthcare providers, family members, and others to help ensure stability in housing. The organization also provides tenancy support by negotiating with landlords for repairs and maintenance, and assisting clients with maintaining clean and sanitary living conditions. Additionally, Steppingstone Inc. helps clients negotiate financial arrangements such as security deposits and monthly budgets, ensuring that they are able to maintain their housing over the long term.
Steppingstone Inc. recognizes that many individuals who are experiencing chronic homelessness may struggle with basic home, community, and daily living skills and responsibilities. To address this, the organization offers teaching and assistance to help clients develop these skills. This may include budgeting, cleaning, cooking, and social interactions. The organization also assists clients with coordinating and setting up appointments with doctors, employers, and other service providers. Steppingstone Inc. can provide transportation as needed, and may accompany clients to appointments to ensure that they are able to navigate these environments and systems effectively.
In addition to these services, Steppingstone Inc. provides ongoing support to clients to help them maintain their housing stability over time.
- Advocating on behalf of clients to landlords, healthcare providers, family members, and others to help ensure stability in housing.
- Providing tenancy support by negotiating with landlords for repairs and maintenance.
- Assisting clients with maintaining clean and sanitary living conditions as well as negotiating financial arrangements (security deposits, maintaining checking accounts, monthly budgets).
- Teaching and assisting clients home, community, and daily living skills and responsibilities such as budgeting, cleaning, cooking, social interactions etc.
- Assisting clients with coordinating and setting up appointments with doctors, employers, etc. and assist with/provide for their transportation as needed.
- Accompanying clients, when appropriate, through these environments, services, and systems, such as medical and dental appointments.
- Assisting client with and monitor medication regimen.
- Linking clients to needed services, assisting them in navigating systems and addressing any barriers or threats housing stability.
- Developing, monitoring, and implementing service plans in cooperation with the client and service team.
- Other assistance as needed to ensure housing stability.
- 18 years of age or older
- Individuals and families who are chronically homeless
- Veterans who are homeless or chronically homeless
- A substance abuse disorder or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders