Job PositionHousing Advocate/Case Manager
Housing Advocate/Case Manager
Job ID: #457
Program: Next Step Home
Location: Fall River, MA
Posting Dates: July 10, 2018 to when position is filled
MOST IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Housing assessment, stability, and ongoing support to formerly homeless persons in a scattered-site, supportive housing program.
- Assists Client with housing search right through lease signing
- Performs duties as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in local and regional housing resource meetings
- Acts as mediator between Landlord and Client
- Knowledge of working with housing subsidies & working with the Fall River Housing Authority
- Day-to-day direct support to ten homeless persons.
- Links residents to services provided by community-based organizations such as medical care, peer support groups, counseling.
- Monthly meetings with residents or as needed.
- Makes appropriate entries into case record notes following all meetings.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Position requires good visual, hearing and speaking skills with or without assistive devices.
- Able to communicate information effectively to others both verbally and in writing
- Light physical effort
- Manual dexterity
- Valid drivers’ license
- Reliable transportation
- Computer skills in Word and Excel
- Ability to climb stairs
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Human Services preferred
- Two years’ experience working in a Human Services field, an addiction treatment services organization or homeless service agency.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, basic mental health issues and addiction recovery issues