Job PositionProject Coordinator
Job ID: #473
Program: Welcome Home
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posting Dates: September 10, 2018 through when position is filled
Under the direction of the Director of Homeless Services, performs diversified duties for the comprehensive day-to-day operations, performance, fiscal management, and administrative supervision of the assigned program.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assumes overall responsibility of identifying permanent housing for participants of the Program.
- Performs Housing Quality Standard inspections.
- Screens applicants for homeless and disability eligibility and obtains HUD required back-up documentation.
- Conducts CORI on potential participants.
- Assists applicants with understanding program requirements.
- Performs initial income rental certification and annual recertification with participants.
- Communicates on a regular basis with landlords.
- Once a participant moves into an apartment, performs monthly apartment inspections.
- Manages/ maintains any maintenance issues that participants may have.
- Responsible for data collections. Prepare and/or assure preparation of a variety of statistical reports, financial reports and other reports for use in planning, interpretation of, and evaluation of the various activities of program.
- Entering participant’s data into HMIS system and updating as needed.
- Responsible for rent check requests and issuing rent checks to landlords.
- Case Manages participants in the Welcome Home Program. Conduct comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments, develop, implement and monitor service plans. Arrange for appropriate support services to assist program participants in maintaining independent living, such as budgeting, accessing parenting skills training, or other skills guidance, etc., suitable to the individual’s situation.
- Duties require the ability to make decisions with high levels of concentration. Requires overall excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Appropriate control of emotions and feelings is required in carrying out of position’s responsibilities.
- Position’s responsibilities require a rational and appropriate response to a wide variety of client concerns and issues.
- Signs leases with landlords on behalf of Steppingstone, Inc.
- Communicates on a regular basis and works collaboratively with the local HUD Coordinated Entry System.
- Position requires good visual, hearing and speaking skills with or without assistive devices.
- Able to communicate information effectively to others both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work within a private office and various community settings
- Ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately
- Ability to climb stairs for home or office visits. Light physical effort.
- Some walking and manual dexterity required in carrying out duties
- Some manipulative ability required to operate own personal vehicle in carrying out applicable job duties
- Computer skills in word and excel
A Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
A minimum of two years’ work experience providing outreach services to the community. Good working knowledge of computers. EOE/AA