Job PositionMarketing Coordinator
Job ID: #476
Location: Fall River, MA
The Marketing Coordinator works as an integral part of the program team. The Marketing Coordinator will perform, but is not limited to, the following duties: planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to increase public awareness. The Marketing Coordinator will implement marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities, both internal and external. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts. The agency has the right to change your shifts based on the needs of the organization.
The Marketing Coordinator must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, and/or public relations from an accredited college or university or two years of related work experience.
- Requires two years of consistent recovery from substance use or two years of “lived” experience.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel at least 50% of the time.
- Good working knowledge of computers and marketing software.
TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor/Director
SHIFT: 1st, 2nd
REVISED: September 2018
Position Specific Duties:
- Create, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to improve understanding of drug/alcohol addiction and recovery and reduce stigma.
- Participate as a member of the Peer to Peer Recovery Leadership Council.
- Responsible for marketing all community and outreach events.
- Participate in local groups and events related to recovery.
- Responsible for editorial design, production and distribution of all related organizational publications.
- Act as liaison with media including distribution of press releases and coordinate media for events.
- Oversee social marketing.
- Write and proofread all creative writing.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to visit other offices and events.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical, etc.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Perform program recordkeeping and filing, and organize vital documents.
- Provide telephone coverage for the assigned program and direct calls to other programs as needed.
- Participate in required supervisions, staff meetings and trainings.
- Participate and cooperate in any investigations conducted by internal and external agencies.
- Ability to use a computer including inputting information into data systems and utilizing marketing software.
- Remain awake during your shift at all times.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and update all licenses and certifications.
- Adhere to program/project/department requirements and services.
- Follow all reporting guidelines by deadlines including the completion of a Confidential Incident Report.
The work environment requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- The work noise level is that of an average busy home.
- Ensure safety through fire drills and emergency evacuations.
- Ensure a safe workplace to reduce potential risk of violence.
- Ensure a safe and clean program addressing and communicating any facility issues.
- Observe all health and safety requirements including Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Abide by the Hazard Communication policy and the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Abide by the Bloodbourne Pathogens/Universal Precautions policy and procedure.
- Adhere to all emergency evacuation procedures.
The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires good vision (the ability to see) either with or without various assistive devices.
- Requires the ability to hear either with or without various assistive devices.
- Requires the ability to communicate information effectively to others both verbally and in writing.
- Some manual dexterity is required in carrying out applicable aspects of position responsibilities.
- Some manipulative ability is required in carrying out applicable aspects of position responsibilities.
- Position requires overall light physical effort.
- Frequent climbing of stairs is required in carrying out applicable aspects of position responsibilities.
- Ability to quickly move throughout the facility in carrying out applicable aspects of position responsibilities
- Ability to quickly perform emergency-type actions as needed (Police, Fire, Medical, etc.)