Job PositionOffice Administrator
Job ID: #590
Location: Fall River, MA
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant works as an integral part of the Program Team. The Administrative Assistant will perform, but is not limited to the following duties: responsible for administrative functions including billing, clerical, bookkeeping, accounting and other related office duties. This position may require a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts and Saturdays. The agency has the right to change shifts based on the needs of the organization.
- Provide assistance in the area of program billing, report preparation, purchasing, bookkeeping, etc.
- Direct, supervise and perform office-related duties including but not limited to typing, filing, preparing memos, letters, and agendas, faxes, composing correspondence and providing telephone coverage.
- Assign, check, and review quality and quantity of work performed and resolve questionable cases or problems.
- Orient and train new and/or regular staff as needed.
- Utilize the computer in preparing various monthly billings, databases, spreadsheets, and other related data.
- Maintain all assigned office equipment in a clean and workable condition.
- Ensure all assigned files, records, and databases are maintained in a neat, orderly, and efficient manner for reference and follow-up purposes.
- Makes recommendations regarding new and /or modified office procedures, policies and office equipment.
- Answer and resolve a variety of questions, problems, informational requests, discrepancies, etc. within scope of own position responsibilities.
- Assist the agency’s Finance Department by performing accounting and related functions including but not limited to: accounts receivable and payable, 3rd party billing and tabulation, bank deposits, reconciliations, etc.
- Observe and identify consumer concerns and communicate with the clinical team.
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by placing calls to Fire, Rescue, Police, and Medical etc.
The Administrative Assistant must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in business management preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience with office management, supervisory experience, and billing Managed Care Organizations/third party billing required.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, analytical skills, computer skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of computers, electronic health records and data collection.
- Requires valid driver’s license due to business-related travel.